Our beauty client, Moroccanoil, recently featured at New York Fashion Week 2014, together with Badgley Mischka, for their Fall / Winter 2014 Collection. The hair design was by Peter Gray, for Morroccanoil.
“Fall is all about a polished textured glamour with a modern edge that translates seamlessly from day into evening. The fabrics, palette and embellishment are inspired by the romance and opulence of turn-of-the-century Vienna, specifically the artistic movements of Gustav Klimt and Josef Hoffmann. Badgley Mischka plays textures and dimension with prints and embellishment for a rich, informed luxury.”
– Mark Badgley and James Mischka
Colors: Ebony, slate, copper, gilt, coffee, petrol, blush and ivory.
Fabrics: Austrian bouclé, gilded wools, leopard tweed, cashmere knit, plissé brocade, chenille, stardust tulle and iridescent lace.
Peter Gray for Moroccanoil created vibrant, feminine looks that were side-parted and featured deep low-swept bangs. “We wanted to create a style that would contrast the rich, opulent mood of the clothes and appeared light, with a touchable transparency and movement,” explained Gray. “The strands have been designed to separate naturally as models walk, and hair, especially on the top of the head, is firm, luminous, and shiny.”
How the Look Was Created
– “I started with a small amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse at the roots (applied to damp hair), concentrating on the root area and combed through. This time, the Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse was used to give the style control and flatten rather than add volume.”
– “I made a deep diagonal side part, blow dried the hair with a Moroccanoil XL-PRO Paddle Brush, and made a loose, low swept bang.”
– “Next, I created a loose wave, mid-length only, using a 1-1/2-inch curling iron, making sure to leave the ends out. For this look, it’s best to curl each section of hair in alternate directions to create a soft natural texture.”
– “I then took a small vertical section at the nape, and made a small braid close to the head.”
– “Taking a small of piece of hair from just above the front of both ears, I tied it with an elastic, secured it at the base of the neck, and U-pinned it into the braid underneath.”
– “After applying a small amount of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream on the ends, I wound them vertically with a curling iron (instead of a flat iron) to give ends a polished and vibrant look.
– “I finished with a spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium at the top of the head to keep those strands in place, and misted the top hair lightly with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray for added shine.”
Moroccanoil® Volumizing Mousse is specially designed to build body and create natural lift and movement. Its weightless formula provides a flexible long-lasting hold and creates natural, voluminous styles. Moroccanoil® Volumizing Mousse plumps fine, limp hair for added fullness without any sticky residue or buildup. Hair is left healthy and touchable with a veil of shine.
Moroccanoil® Hydrating Styling Cream This argan oil-infused formula gives beautifully hydrating and natural looking hold, while eliminating frizz and adding definition and shine.
Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray Medium locks in desired styles all day long without compromising shine or luminosity. A proprietary argan oil-infused formula, it produces a medium, manageable and touchable hold with a burst of healthy-looking shine.
Moroccanoil® XLPRO Paddle Brush is ideal for everyday use and helps to detangle, while special bristles provide the added benefit of massaging the scalp.
Moroccanoil® Glimmer Shine Spray creates an instant mist of long-lasting, incomparable shine while protecting hair from the damaging effects of UV light and free radicals.
Moroccanoil offers innovative, easy-to-use, performance-driven formulas that dramatically transform all hair types resulting in beautiful, healthy, natural-looking hair. As the pioneer of an all-new oil treatment hair care category, Moroccanoil has quickly become a runaway hit among fashion and beauty insiders and has generated a devoted following among top stylists and their A-list celebrity clients. Launched seven years ago, Moroccanoil products are now available in over 50 countries around the globe. Famed for their weightless quality, Moroccanoil’s extensive line of luxury hair care products addresses the needs of all hair types and features a proprietary advanced blend of the finest ingredients to deliver optimal performance and dramatic results.
Moroccanoil products are available at fine salons. For more information, visit us at www.moroccanoil.com.