Captains of industry, celebrities, and local and international polo players descended on Val De Vie Estate on Saturday for the ISPS Handa Art of Polo Invitational. The event was hosted by VDELUXE, organisers of the prestigious Veuve Clicquot Masters Polo Cape Town, and headlined by ISPS Handa. This well-known International Sports Promotions Agency supports numerous golfing and polo events around the world and presented the exclusive polo experience combining arts, the sport of kings and music.
Close to three hundred guests attended the bespoke affair including high profile personalities such as Bonnie Mbuli, Nomzamo Mbatha, Africa Melane (event MC), Chad Saaiman, Katlego Maboe, Julian Naidoo and polo legend Nacho Pieres Senior. Attendees enjoyed the first Afro-Asian event featuring sunset polo, a four-course dinner and networking – a first for the African continent at South Africa’s premier polo and wine estate.
The Africa Invitational squad (sponsored by Vodacom) was the champions of the day beating the International Invitational (sponsored by ISPS Handa) side in the 14-goal match with a score of 6-5.
Event highlights included:
- A silent and live auction by Make a Difference Leadership Foundation, founded by South African rugby legend Francois Pienaar. Local artists including Janko De Beer, Lionel Smit, John Vusi Mfupi, Mbongeni Buthelezi and Adriaan Diedericks who donated magnificent artworks. After a moving speech by MAD fellow, Gadaffi Nkosi, nearly R400, 000 was raised during the live auction hosted by auctioneer Joey Burke. The funds will help the foundation continue their work in recognising, supporting and developing future leaders through the fundamental foundations of a comprehensive education, leadership skills, mentorship development and personal support.
- A beautiful musical journey curated and executed by the Karien De Waal String Orchestra who enchanted guests with a selection of iconic Japanese and African music.
- Really Great Brand Company’s signature spirits; Belvedere Polish Vodka, Hendricks’s Gin, Glenmornagie whisky tasting and sublime dessert pairings and Hennessey VOB, complemented this exclusive polo experience.
- The official Technology Sponsor Vodacom RED’s charging booth – provided free WIFI to keep guests charged and connected throughout the evening.
- Just launched LOAD luxury energy drink, a healthier alternative to sugar laden energy drinks was chilled and served to perfection.
- Beauty touch-ups by David Sharp and his team at Lancôme.
- Official timekeeping by Jaeger LeCoultre, an international brand synonymous with precision and style.
To find out more about the ISPS HANDA Art of Polo Invitational, visit www.artofpoloinvitational.co.za For early bird tickets to the 2018 edition of the event email firstname.lastname@example.org