Let’s be honest, tousled tresses are nothing new on the hair hot list. But then again, who wouldn’t want to look as though they’ve rolled out of bed an effortless beauty?
Loose, beachy waves give this look its signature appeal and have seen it make an appearance on everyone from Chrissy Teigen and Blake Lively to Rosie Huntington-Whitely. The understated style works for just about any occasion, be it a red carpet event, night out on the town or simply running errands.
Tousled hair strikes the perfect balance between flirty and feisty with its feminine curls and messy finish and works on just about all hair lengths whether you’re rocking it in a bob, layers or long.
The look is easily achievable and perfect for hot summer’s days where excessive styling is just not an option.
Follow these easy steps for perfectly tousled tresses:
- Always start off with clean dry hair. The Moroccanoil Hydrating Shampoo is great at reviving dry hair strands and giving you the perfect foundation for any hairstyle.
- On dry hair, prep the hair by using Moroccanoil Treatment oil to add shine.
- Spray Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to effectively prevent breakage and split ends and section the hair into 3 parts.
- Once you’ve sectioned your hair in 3, start working your way up by twist the hair in 1 inch sub-sections and roll anti-clockwise under the barrel of the curling iron. Repeat this till you have completed the whole head.
- Once you’re done, lightly ruffle up your curls to create a natural wavy look.
Watch the full tutorial by Moroccanoil below: